New York City Sex Discrimination Attorney
Discrimination based on gender may be illegal at the workplace in certain circumstances. Sex discrimination ranges from subtle differences between men and women in terms of promotion and wages to overt discrimination.
If you believe you have suffered wrongful discrimination based on your gender or sexual orientation, contact the Law Office of John M. Lambros.
Sex discrimination may include any of the following:
- Discrimination on the basis of pregnancy (or perception of potential pregnancy)
- Sexual harassment
- Hostile work environment because of an employee's sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation
Sex discrimination, like other forms of employment discrimination, may include "reverse discrimination," as well. If you are a male who has been excluded from promotion opportunities in your job, you may have a gender discrimination claim.
A detailed review of the facts of your case may lead Attorney John Lambros to conclude that you have a valid discrimination. Once you and Mr. Lambros have decided to work together on the case, actions may include the following:
- Review of relevant documents
- Interviews with pertinent witnesses
- Analysis of the case in light of the most up-to-date laws, including case law (recent precedents that have been decided in the courts)
- Filing of a complaint with the EEOC (Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission)
- Issuance of a "right to sue" letter
- Mediation or Arbitration